About Julia Harris Psychoanalytic Psycotherapist
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, trained at the Tavistock Clinic, London. I have over 25 years of experience working with adults and older adolescents in the NHS and in private practice.
I am qualified to provide a safe, reliable and confidential psychotherapy practice.People often come for therapy when they want to understand themselves better, perhaps feeling there is something missing in their lives, even if they don’t know what it is. Some feel that their friends and families aren’t helpful, or they don’t want to burden them, or feel ashamed of their problems. Others come having tried different types of therapy that haven’t helped them sufficiently or haven’t worked for them in the long term.
I am experienced in working with individuals who are experiencing many types of problem such as:
• Relationship difficulties, both at home or work
• Depressive feelings
• Feelings of anxiety and an inability to manage stressful situations
• Complicated feelings to do with bereavement or an experience of having got ‘stuck’ after the death of a loved one
• Eating disorders
• Traumatic life events
• Physical symptoms
• Feelings of emptiness and meaninglessness.
• Significant life changes such as pregnancy, retirement, children leaving home, divorce or redundancy
• Blocks in creativity, work or studying
I am trained to work with both adults and adolescents, 16 years plus.
Please see my website for more information: